Dallas Child Custody Problems
Experienced Texas Child Custody Law Firm
In Texas, child custody arrangements are geared toward protecting the best interests of the child with the idea that a child will only benefit from having trusting relationships with both of his/her parents. It is widely believed that bay having day-to-day contact with both parents, children will remain fulfilled and parents will be able to share important responsibilities. Unfortunately, the topic of child custody does not always evoke compliant responses from parents as both may feel that they are the better parent or that they should be entitled to sole custody. Child custody tends to be a contentious issue that causes anger, conflicts and volatile outbursts. When this happens, parents do not stand much of a chance of coming to a mutual child custody arrangement, and the family courts will have to become involved.
Once the courts are involved in a child custody battles, the courts will:
- Act in the best interests of the child
- Award sole or joint conservatorship (custody) to one or both of the parents
- Appoint a guardian for the child if it is felt that neither parent is capable of protecting the best interests of the child
- Listen to the child’s preference, if the child is above a certain age, and place the child with whomever he/she prefers
- Order a court evaluation in cases where it is uncertain which parent may be a better fit (a caseworker will: conduct interviews of the child and parents, order psychological testing of the child and parents, interview teachers or other family members, review the child’s medical records, review the child and parents’ legal records and review the parent’ criminal histories before making a recommendation to the courts)
Dallas Child Custody Problem Lawyers
If you are currently going through a child custody battle in Texas, now is the perfect time to get an experienced Dallas child custody lawyer involved.
When you have questions related to child custody problems, contact a Dallas family law firm that empathizes and that can help!